United Way young leaders Society
The mission of the United Way Young Leaders Society is to engage the next generation of leaders to build a stronger community and advance the common good by inspiring philanthropy, volunteerism and community leadership in its members.
Our vision is for our Young Leaders Society to focus on 3 main components:
· Young Leaders help United Way during campaign months by participating in our 104 X 104 initiative.
· Members of Young Leaders Society would be asked to approach 5 businesses a month from August through December, and see if the business would be willing to give a $104 donation to the United Way.
· Businesses can be ones of your own choosing, like for example a local restaurant you frequent often or your hairdresser, OR United Way can provide you with a list of five places to approach if you feel more comfortable with that.
· Each Young Leader will be equipped with the tools they need, in order to make their fundraising experience fun and easy.
· United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley has 27 partner agencies that are doing phenomenal work to make the Mahoning Valley a better place to live.
· One Saturday every month we will partner with one of our agencies, and do a project. It will be our special way as Young Leaders to give back to the community.
· Additionally opportunities are available to those members who wish to do more, such as our United We Dines during the months of November and December.
· United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley would like to do a couple special events throughout the year that would focus on Young Leaders. This could include Mixers, luncheons or fundraisers.